Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday-CAS style

I needed a birthday card for my Father in Law and decided that my normal heavily embellished style just wasn't going to cut the mustard.  I based this off of a card I made HERE for my hubby on our anniversary.  I got a lot of the basics from Dawn McVey on the original.  I think she is the best at the CAS style while still having tons of fabulous detail.


I didn't really think that a flower or butterfly was too masculine so I opted for some burlap leaves that I used the PTI dies from the set "Sending You" and a couple buttons.


What do you think?  Masculine enough?  I sure hope so. 


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Stampin' Up brown
DP: My Minds Eye
Stamps: PTI Woodgrain Basics, Mat Stack 2 and 3, Tiny Tags and all dies to match stamp sets
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versa Magic Ocean Depth
Border Punch: Fiskars
Twine: PTI
Buttons: Basic Grey
Burlap

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

12 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow adorable creation.

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow girlie!!! This is sooo beautiful! I love the burlap leaves! What a great idea!!! And the neutral colors are just so gorgeous!

Ros said...

I think he'll love it ... definitely masculine ... a real beauty though ...have a great weekend

farmhouse-story said...

this is a handsome guy card, heather:) i do think the burlap, colors and twine locked it in for a great masculine card! enjoy your weekend!

Rizzi said...

VERY NICE HEATHER, THAT BURLAP SETS IT OFF REALLY WELL....SHOWS STRENGTH.....GREAT GUY CARD....JUST PERFECT. HAVE A NICE WEEKEND. RIZZI

~amy~ said...

such a fab masculine card Heather!

Unknown said...

I Love this.. It look wonderful. The burlap gives it the perfect manly feel.. Hope you are having a great weekend..

Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

love it Heather!
and i'm sure he will too :D
the twine and burlap say masculine here
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Lynnda said...

Gotta say...such a fabulous masculine card Heather...:) hugs...xoxo

Stella said...

Masculine enough? I think it's the perfect masculine card! I know for sure your Father in Law will love it. Brilliant idea to cut the leafs out of burlap; such a gorgeous addition on this card. And it's definitely a beauty!
Hugs,
Stella

Margaret said...

Loving the woodgrain background. Surely manly enough with the string and burlap. Think it will be a hit with father in law.

Lindsay said...

This is great Heather! Perfectly masculine with the burlap and woodgrain! What a fun card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs