Saturday, January 2, 2010

With Love

It is so cold here.  Our wind chill is -28 right now.  So we are just staying home inside where it is nice and warm.  I don't know how much longer I can tolerate this cold weather.  I am ready to move somewhere where is doesn't get so cold.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I don't like hot weather either.  I am from the South and don't like the heat and the bugs that go along with it.  I guess that doesn't leave many options.

I made a card last night for the Embellish Magazine color challenge.  I am not one to use black except for Halloween, so I found one tiny piece that I could emboss to use.  I literally found scraps to put this together.  So that leads me to enter this into the challenge over at Capture the Moment  for Papertrey Ink.  Nichole has a challenge to use up your scraps.  When I saw this last night during my daily visits to everyones blog, I thought I would enter it over there also.





Supplies:
Cardstock: Archivers
Hearts, Buttons: Making Memories
Embossing Folders: Cuttlebug
Twine: Archivers by the yard

I ordered some new goodies from Papertrey Ink the other day with my Christmas money.  I can't wait to get them in the mail.  I might have to wait to make some more cards until I get them.
I hope you all are warm at home.  Thanks for stopping by.
Heather

20 comments:

Paloma Gomez said...

it's pretty and elegant!

Heidi said...

Oh this is such a pretty card! I love that heart!! Enjoy your new Papertrey Ink goodies!

farmhouse-story said...

this is so sweet, heather! i have that embossed border and haven't used it yet-it looks great!

stay warm!

Sue Lelli said...

Pretty card! And i just LOVE the embossed sentiment! Is that Cuttlebug??? How could I have missed that folder???

Lea L. said...

Lovely card!! Love the heart accent, and the embossing at the bottom!!

♥Lea

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love the pink,red and black!

Laurel said...

This is fabulous!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Heather! Way to rock the Embellish challenge! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very cute, Heather! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge!

Scrapping Julie said...

very pretty. love the buttons and the embossing on the bottom

Anonymous said...

Heather, I *love* your dry embossing! Thanks for joining us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Helen F. said...

Love your pretty pink card, Heather! I really like that Cuttlebug border folder~thanks for reminding me I have it;o)

Charlene Austin said...

The layered hearts are great and I just love the embossed sentiment at the bottom.

Kathy said...

Your card is so festive..sure to warm someone's heart :)

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty, love the embossing! So glad you played along with us!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card! love the embossing along the bottom.

Laura Davis said...

Love it!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Heather! Thanks for participating!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful card - love it.

Hollie Shepard said...

Love all your embossing and also those buttons are super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs